Thursday, April 21, 2005

First Meeting

Our first meeting went very well. There were 10 of us in attendance and I think we all had a fun time. I outlined for the ladies what the club entails:
  • Meet once per month, dues $10 per month
  • Taste two premium wines at each meeting & discuss each
  • Wines tasted that evening are marked down for that evening only
  • 5% discounts are given for all purchases so long as membership is active
  • No more than 2 discounts per transaction (we have several wine clubs now, each having discounts)
We tried two planned wines plus a bonus wine that I just couldn't pass up. First up was Domaine de Trevallon Red Table wine, a Rhone wine of uncertain varietals. Most likely a syrah- grenache blend. This wine normally retails for $73 and we have it for $20! This was a deal from the distributor.

Next was my personal favorite of the evening...Archipel. It's a Bordeaux blend from California with the grapes coming from both Sonoma & Napa. I thought it was just lovely! It regularly retails for $41, Diva special $37.

Last was Jarvis Estate Lake William Blend, another Bordeaux blend, also from California. This got rave reviews from the ladies. It regularly retails for $52, Diva special $48. This wine was our first Premium Wine of the Quarter Club wine!

Next meeting is Monday, May 23 at 6:30. It would be great to get some new members! Until next time, ladies...